[OpenSIPS-Users] Modify SDP

Daryl G. Jurbala daryl at introspect.net
Mon Nov 16 20:48:27 CET 2009

So I have a related issue.....

UA ====  OpenSIPS ==== Dialogic IMG

The Dialogic likes to send back a media attribute of "bitrate:5.3" in the SDP when negotiating G723 .  This is fine for most UAs, but it breaks Linksys PAP2's.  I've tried all sorts of things so far, and gotten down to a very simple:

replace_body("a=bitrate:5.3", "a=bitrate:999");

in my main routing block.  It's not having any affect.

To test, I put a "replace_body("723/8000", "G723/8000-test");" in the same place.  It mangles the SDP between the OpenSIPS box and the Dialogic IMG on the INVITE, but the 183 and 200 coming back from the IMG through the OpenSIPS to the UA remains untouched.

I'm sure I'm missing something basic here, so a pointer in the right direction would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Daryl