[OpenSIPS-Users] Transfer issue

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Nov 16 17:55:42 CET 2009

Hi Iñaki,

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Sábado, 24 de Octubre de 2009, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escribió:
>
>> So you actually can have a highly scalable signalling B2BUA - the
>> opensips module could be used to locally (on opensips) interpret the
>> REFER and do the call transfer, totally transparent to the other party.
>>

> Hi Bogdan, even if that sounds look let me be the "bad boy" ;)

OK, let;s play good-cops and bad-cops to get the best of it ;)
> - What about the implicit NOTIFY during the REFER transaction?

B2BU will take care of the entire transfer signalling (sending the
NOTIFY with the state of the transfer)
> - What about if parallel forking occurs during REFER transaction?

from b2bua, there are 2 distinct calls : (1) one already established,
between B2B and transferred party and (2) a new one from the b2b to the
transferee party - The b2b will finally wait for a 200 OK, so there is
no risk if the new call is doing any kind of forking (like no UA is
affected by the forking done by a proxy)
> A more complex case:
>
> - A is speaking with P (PSTN provider).
> - A sends a REFER (Refer-To: B).
> - OpenSIPS handles the REFERa and generates an INVITE to B.
>   - Which codecs does it use?

    none :) - the re-INVITEs in b2bua are done with INVITEs without SDP,
so that the SDPs are directly exchanged between end parties.
> - B sends 180 during 10 seconds.
> - Before B answers or declines the call, P sends a re-INVITE to A.
>   - What does then happen? note that a re-INVITE shouldn't take place
>     in middle of a REFER transaction (but P kwnos *nothing* about
>     the REFER transaction since OpenSIPS b2bua handled it!).

This is good question - and mainly because of how should be done and not
because you cannot do it.
Depends how you do the transfer scenario in B2BUA:
    (1) once you received the REFER from A, the b2bua can hung up the P
leg (unattended transfer)
    (2) if P leg is still kept and B2B receives a re-INVITE from there,
it should deny it...what is the proper SIP response ? hmmm:D
> Like this I can imagine hundreds of real cases in which, personally, I expect
> b2bua module wouldn't behave correctly.

I agree that a b2bua is more complex than a proxy, but I guess the idea
is to identify all these buggy cases and fix them.

Thanks and Regards,

www.voice-system.ro