[OpenSIPS-Users] Multi-domain and reinvite authentications

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Nov 16 16:22:14 CET 2009

Hi Iñaki,

I'm not sure a proxy needs to keep any dialog persistent info in order
to auth sequential requests - what it needs is a valid FROM uri (which
does not change during the dialog).

IMO, a proxy, receiving a requests (initial or sequential) with a FROM
header pointing to one of the local SIP domains, should perform auth  -
shortly, if the caller is local subscriber, authenticate him - again,
only FROM hdr is sufficient.

PS: I'm not debating if a proxy should or not do auth for sequential
requests, but the only fact a proxy does have all the necessary info to
do it.

www.voice-system.ro