[OpenSIPS-Users] lcr- ideas?

Dmitri G. xbt.dev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 22:47:28 CET 2009

Hi List,

I am using lcr with opensips (version 1.5.2), I have 3 voip products what I
offer for my users.
Let's name it as "bronze", "silver" and "gold".

Each products have it's own lcr (with nearly the same prefixes, but with
different gateways).
Basically the lcr will be different in each products, voip products are
calculated based on asr and pdd, so "gold" will be the highest quality lcr.

Each lcr contains various rows, from 5k to 130k rows (based on prefixes).
50% of the prefixes can be found in all 3 products.Every prefix in lcr table
have multiple gateways with multiple priorities.
The customers are dial with prefixes, so 101+number will identify the call
as "bronze", 102+number will be identified as "silver".

What will be the best way to route calls based on the dialed number? I am
using a cfg file based on Ovidiu's example, so I have exactly the same like
this(ok few things are changed to fit opensips 1.5.2)
http://www.voipembedded.com/resources/openser_dbtext_lcr.cfg

I mean when the customer dial 101+number, then the call will be routed based
on the "bronze" lcr, when somebody else dial 102+number, then that will be
routed based on the "silver" lcr.

I am thinking about to run multiple opensips instances, each instance with
it's own cfg file, so 1st instance ill run with using opensips.cfg, second
one will run with opensips2.cfg and so on, so basically I'll run 3 instances
with different cfg/pid files and with 3 different DBs + listen ports, first
instance with "bronze" lcr, second one with "silver" lcr, third one wwith
"gold" lcr.
With this I can have 3 separate databases for the 3 instances, and I can
have 3 different lcr tables, but I don't think it's the best way to do this.

I hope somebody can suggest me a solution for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dmitri