[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS and OpenSIPS-CP

Robert Lindabury BLindabury at Swiftreach.com
Thu Nov 5 21:40:49 CET 2009

Hello all!

I'm having some problems getting opensips-cp fifo working.

OpenSIPS 1.6.0-notls (x86_64/linux)  CentOS 5.4

osipsconsole and opensipsctl fifo commands all work fine.

mi_fifo.so module is loading fine and modparams seem to be as they
should be:

# ----- mi_fifo params -----
modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/opensips_fifo")

the var/www/opensips-cp/config/boxes.global.inc.php config entry as
follows:

// mi host:port pair || fifo_file
$boxes[$box_id]['mi']['conn']="/tmp/opensips_fifo";

Whenever I try to execute a MI Command in opensips-cp I get:

"sorry -- cannot open write fifo"

I see the file in /tmp and owner/group is root/root with rw perms for
owner/group.

I tried changing the user/group to apache/apache with the same
permissions but same result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-- Bob