[OpenSIPS-Users] Register response going to wrong port

Carlo Dimaggio jaasmailing at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 09:13:22 CET 2009

Il giorno 05/nov/09, alle ore 08:10, Daniel Goepp ha scritto:

> Really banging my head here, so any help is much appreciated.  I am
> doing some interop work on various devices, and one is causing some
> problems, and I can't seem to tell why.  The problem is that the 401
> is going back to 5060, not the port the device is coming through NAT
> from.

Hi Daniel,

as Iñaki teaches :) (look at my post "Registration - strange
behaviour), since your client is not adding "rport" to Via header [1],
you should use the function force_rport().
In my configuration I have (main route):
     if(client_nat_test("7")) {
         force_rport();
     };

Otherwise check the device configuration in order to enable rport (if
possible).

Regards,
Carlo

[1] http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3581.txt