[OpenSIPS-Users] can mediaproxy relay set IP ToS

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Tue Nov 3 16:37:59 CET 2009

Hi Dan,

On 11/3/09 4:00 AM, "Dan Pascu" <dan at ag-projects.com> wrote:

> On 30 Oct 2009, at 18:58, Jeff Pyle wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is it possible to configure mediaproxy, or iptables or that matter,
>> to mark
>> the relay's outgoing packets with a specific ToS value?
>> Unfortunately some
>> up of my upstream providers strip the DSCP tags coming in and I'd
>> like to
>> take the opportunity at the relay to remark them with EF (0x2E).
>
> Not ATM. The support for marking the packets that pass through the
> conntrack rules is there, it's just not used yet.

Is there any conceivable way with a mangle rule to mark any udp packets
within the relay's port range leaving the interface to have a certain DSCP
value?  For example, in my case, everything leaving eth1 within 16384-32768
I'd like to mark EF.  I looked at some iptables documentation and did some
tests but I wasn't able to come up with anything that did the job.

- Jeff