[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips Supports OMA IM MSRP Conference ?

Manivasagam Sivaraman smvasagam2000 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:32:16 CET 2009

It is not exactly a SIP Proxy's job, but rather a IM Server's (Messaging
Server) Job. The Proxy Server should help in establishing the IM Conference.
It is a procedure defined in OMA IM Conference package. The initiating UA
will send an INVITE with a special xml payload Content Type
"application/resource-lists+xml" in addition to the SDP. The Proxy/IM-Server
up on receiving this INVITE will proxy the INVITE to all registered UA found
in the resource-lists xml that was received in INVITE. All the UAs who are
referred will then send INVITE and join in the IM Conference that was
created by the originating IM UA. The media is done using MSRP and MSRP
relay independent of the Proxy Server. The Proxy/IM-Server only help in
establishing the SIP IM-Conference. No media will be handled by the proxy as
in case of any other conf/session. ALl the IM/Proxy server that supports IM
-COnf will have a predefined Ad-Hock IM COnf URI like "IMConf at opensips.com".
All IM COnf will gets established by sending INV to this special URI.

AG Projects public opensips server does support this feature. Wondering if
opensips already have this ? or in future roadmap ?

Thanks in Advace.