[OpenSIPS-Users] Shared Presence Across Servers

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Mon Nov 2 12:00:41 CET 2009

Hi Ross,

The simplest way to make a cluster of presence servers is to configure
them in fallback2db mode.
The best way to do this is to do a separation of the requests you send
to the servers in this way:
- separate the users in groups ( no = no of clusters); you can do an
alphabetical separation or some other as you chose.
- at the proxy examine the initial Subscribe and Publish requests; look
at the RURI and decide which group it belongs to; send the request to
the cluster handling that group.

In this way you have a complete separation and you don't have to
configure fallback2db anymore. The proxies will work with caches and
processing will be faster.

Regards,
Anca