[OpenSIPS-Users] MediaProxy call quality issues

Darren Sessions darren.sessions at me.com
Thu May 28 18:29:17 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Just wondering . .

We've got set of relays doing on average of 17 to 19 cps. When I get
traffic spikes my cps can hit just shy of 30 cps. When the cps gets to
about 24 - 26 cps we start to get loads of choppy audio and in some
cases one-way audio.

No errors in any of the logs on the OpenSIPS/Dispatcher or the relays;
0% cpu utilization across the board. Audio at the lower volumes sounds
superb.

Taking *only* the relays out of the mix resolves the problem instantly.

We're using stock Ubuntu 8.04LTS with the server kernel.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

  - Darren