[OpenSIPS-Users] about OpenSIPS console

Iulia Bublea iulia at opensips.org
Fri May 15 12:55:04 CEST 2009

Hello,

?????????? ?????? wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is the advantage of console ?

The console's advantage is that it facilitates OpensSIPS provisioning.
You start the application and you get a prompt where you can run the
available commands. There is the possibility of command history and also
embedded help. Osipsconsole has merged all the files needed by
opensipsctl in a single file which offers more portability. Due to this
it can remotely provision OpenSIPS. It also adds the possibility of
xmlrpc support and it is able to use different DB backends via the Perl
Libaries.
> Why old console (opensipsctl) still exist in 1.5.1 version ?

It just takes time to replace it completely.
> /eberx at sip:/usr/local/src/opensips-1.5.1-notls/modules$ sudo find /
> -name osipsconsole
> /usr/local/src/opensips-1.5.1-notls/scripts/osipsconsole
> */sbin/osipsconsole*
> eberx at sip:/usr/local/src/opensips-1.5.1-notls/modules$ sudo find / -name
> opensipsctl
> /lib/opensips/opensipsctl
> /usr/local/src/opensips-1.5.1-notls/scripts/opensipsctl
> /*//sbin/opensipsctl/
>
> *If I want to use osipsconsole then I need to install perl and perl
> modules ?
>
>     * DBI
>     * DBD::mysql
>     * DBD::Pg
>     * DBD::Oracle
>     * BerkeleyDB
>     * Frontier::RPC2

http://www.opensips.org/Resources/Install#toc2 - here is a link with the
console's installation guide

> If I'm using mysql backend then I should install DBI, DBD:mysql and
> Frontier:RPC2. No need DBD::pg, DBD::Oracle and BerkeleyDB.  Is it ?

Yes, just DBI, DBD:mysql and Frontier:RPC2