[OpenSIPS-Users] next_branch function, NAT and PATH (RFC 3327)

Mauro Davi' mauro.davi at acotel.com
Thu May 14 16:40:08 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I'm using a SIP Server connected to a SIP Proxy (load balancer)

When a client behind NAT is connected to the SIP flatform all works
fine, except one issue:

If I call an AOR via parallel fork all goes fine...

But if I use a serial forking, when I call the next_branch function to
handle a serial forking the INVITE from the server isn't sent to the SIP
Proxy (the outbound proxy defined in the PATH HF of the REGISTER).

It seems that also the received parameter isn't used... The INVITE go
direct to the private IP of the client behind NAT...

It is a mistake in my opensips configuration or it is a real BUG...

Could anyone give me a suggestion?

Thanks in advance

            MD