[OpenSIPS-Users] Media Proxy between LAN and WAN

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Wed May 13 11:58:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 13 May 2009, at 11:20, Mauro Davi' wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a Media Proxy installed in our VoIP platform. The Media Proxy
> machine have 2 Network card, one on a Private LAN the other on a WAN.
> Now I configured the Media-Relay with the IP address 0.0.0.0 to
> listen to all the interfaces.
>
> On opensips when then INVITE came from a UA directed to an internal
> network element (like PSTN Gateway or IVR) I want to manipulate the
> connection information in the SDP message content with the private
> IP address.
>
> On the 200 OK I want to manipulate the connection information in the
> SDP message content with the public IP address.
>
> In this way I hope that the Media Relay can work correctly…
>
> But I have a problem, when I use the fix_nated_sdp (after the
> use_media_proxy function) on the INVITE sent to the Gateway I obtain
> the following SDP result:
>

> v=0
> o=- 0 2 IN IP4 192.168.193.54
> s=CounterPath Bria
> c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0172.30.0.205
> t=0 0
> m=audio 30058 RTP/AVP 0 101
> a=sendrecv
> a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
> a=fmtp:101 0-15
> a=x-rtp-session-id:EC003DF02E154A31AE923BD612B55FE7
> a=direction:active
> a=oldmediaip:192.168.193.54
>
> the private IP address 172.30.0.205 is prefixed by the 0.0.0.0
> inserted I think by the mediaproxy module.
>
> There is a way to solve this problem?
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Thanks in Advance
>             MD

MediaProxy 2 was never designed for the way you are trying to use it.
It is meant to run on a public IP address on a single interface,
proxying calls between endpoints which may be behind NAT(s). I'm not
saying this won't work, it may or it may not, but at least it is
unsupported.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects