[OpenSIPS-Users] Location table and received field

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Sat May 9 11:16:34 CEST 2009

Hi Mauro,

The received field is used for NAT traversal purposes. As the contact
value cannot be altered (kept exactly as sent by client during
registration) and if UAC is natted , the contact is private, so
unusable, the USRLOC module keeps the public address of NAT in the
"received" field in order to be able to send back messages.
During lookup(location), the contact will be placed in RURI and (if
present) the received will be used as outboundproxy ($du - destination uri)