[OpenSIPS-Users] LB Re: [OpenSIPS-Business] [OpenSIPS-Devel] OpenSIPS at Amoocon (former AsteriskTag)

Uwe Kastens kiste at kiste.org
Thu May 7 13:48:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I must say I have not looked into the code but only at
> http://www.opensips.org/pub/events/2009-05-04_Amoocon_Rostock/OpenSIPS_LoadBalancing.pdf
> but I am not convinced: For load balancing that could be done
> statelessly wrt SIP dialog you are keeping dialog state at the LB.
>
> If you have control over the media servers (as you do with
> freeswitch/asterisk/yate you mentioned) the same could be achieved much
> simpler by periodically reporting current load (e.g. in extra header to
> OPTIONS response or any other SIP message) from the media servers to LB
> and keeping that information as soft state there.

Maybe one should be able to configure this - on ressource basis.

If you have a dump PSTN-GW (commercial soft-switch) which is not able to
give you the information back, the LB have to control the load. On the
other hand, if you can get the information from asterisk, yate etc.pp.
the LB modul should use this information.

BR

Uwe

--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586