[OpenSIPS-Users] Custom call_controll app

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed May 6 11:03:10 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009, Moe N wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to write a custom call_controll app, where can I find the
> documentation for the protocol/format of which opensips speaks with? All
> know is that opensips speaks to an unix socket.

For the moment the only documentation is in the source code. It should be
fairly easy to extract the format of the commands. There are 3 stages
where call_control communicates with the external application, called
initialize, start and stop. There is a function named make_request that
based on the specific stage constructs a request using a easily readable
sprintf. Each request starts with the stage keyword on a line, then has
lines with key: value pairs and ends with an empty line to indicate that
the message is over.

You can also take the existing callcontrol application and modify it to do
what you need (if the way you want to use it is compatible with GPL). It
already contains all the message parsing logic.

--
Dan