[OpenSIPS-Users] Best practices inquiry: database timezone

Phil Vandry vandry at TZoNE.ORG
Tue Mar 31 16:19:47 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 12:18:34PM +0300, Vasil Kolev wrote:
> In my experience (which is mostly postgres) the local type "timestamp
> with timezone" is what you need - it records the date in UTC with the
> timezone it was in, so in the end you always have the UTC time and can

That's a good idea, but OpenSIPS does not currently supply the
information to the database to make good use of that data type. It
converts its internal representation (time_t, which is UTC time as an
integer) to a string in the format "YYYY-mm-dd HH:MM:SS" in local time
and gives that string to the database.

-Phil