[OpenSIPS-Users] XMPP Issue

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Tue Mar 31 12:18:23 CEST 2009

JayaPrakash wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I installed Opensips 1.5. I enabled XMPP module in component mode.
> Jabber server (ejabberd 2.0.1) is running in the same machine.
> I am trying to communicate between Opensips and Jabber server.
> Opensips is configured with XMPP as described below.
> **********************************************************************************
> listen=udp:192.168.1.130:5060 <http://192.168.1.130:5060>
> loadmodule "xmpp.so"
> # -- xmpp parameters --
> modparam("xmpp", "domain_separator", "*")
> modparam("xmpp", "gateway_domain", "my_host_name.com
> <http://my_host_name.com>")
> modparam("xmpp", "xmpp_domain", "my_host_name.com
> <http://my_host_name.com>")
> modparam("xmpp", "xmpp_host", "my_host_name.com
> <http://my_host_name.com>")
> modparam("xmpp", "backend", "component")
> modparam("xmpp", "xmpp_port", 5347)
> modparam("xmpp", "xmpp_password", "secret")
>
> #------------XMPP related at route -----------------------------
>         if (method == "MESSAGE") {
>                 log("*** xmpp-handled MESSAGE message.\n");
>                 if (xmpp_send_message()) {
>                         t_reply("200", "Accepted");
>                 } else {
>                         t_reply("404", "Not found");
>                 }
>                 return;
>         }
> When the server is running it is keep on throwing the following error.
>
> ERROR:xmpp:net_connect: connect() failed: Connection refused
>
> Coming to jabber server (here it is ejabberd), it is able to allow
> connections from outer xmpp servers.(It is able to connect to Gtalk
> and communicate with it)
> Can you please give me a suggesion to fix this issue.
>
> Thanks
> Jp

As I have mentioned in the other e-mail, the "xmpp_host"parameter must
be set to the host of the jabber server.
For example, for setting the host of the ejabber server you have to edit
the /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg and pun in the Hostname section your
domain name:

%% Hostname
{hosts, ["my_host_name.com <http://my_host_name.com>"]}.

regards,