[OpenSIPS-Users] Beginner Needs Clarification: Destination URI always NULL?

Alan Frisch frisch.alan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:09:46 CET 2009

I've been using the scripts generated by the Sipwise Wizard to learn the LCR
module and OpenSIPS in general.  Just sending requests from OpenSIPS to two
Asterisk test servers I set up.

While I get the general concept of URI's, I am trying to discern exactly
what a Destination URI is within the OpenSIPS world.  This debug line has me
a little confused:

xlog("L_INFO", "Request leaving server, D-URI='$du' - M=$rm RURI=$ru F=$fu
T=$tu IP=$si ID=$ci\n");

This is fired just before the !t_relay to the selected gateway.  However, in
the console "D-URI" always is NULL.  If somone could be so kind, please help
me understand the difference between a R-URI and D-URI and why D-URI is
always NULL in my case.

Thanks!