[OpenSIPS-Users] Load balancing implementation case.

Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy g.dobrovolskyy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 15:06:12 CET 2009

Hello everyone, i am so exited that opensips 1.5 is released, we are using
1.4 and dispatch module here with the great success and no stability
problems at all!
We have 5 call centres where opensips dispatch call to 5 queues, around 4000
calls/day, this number will grow to 20 000/ day. My problem is to dispatch
them accordingly to a number of agents connected, i did that by multiplying
entries in dispatcher.file, but i would like to do it dynamically, this is
the point where load balancing module can be used. But i am not sure if it
is possible. Let me explain what i want:

All call's are coming in from unique number, and i dont need opensips do
anything but dispatch calls.

incoming calls >>opensips >>Call center 1-n (trixbox pro)

Now i would like to pass information from trixbox pro to opensips about the
number of agents connected and "In use"

for exampe server 1 => 30 agents
server 2 => 25 agents
ect

Is there any way to set it as i want ? Lets suppose i am able to obtain the
number of agents and to get that information to the opensips server, how do
reset the number of pstn ?
Also i would like to load balance with round robin so the sites with 10
agents still get the calls, even if we have another server  with 25 agents
and 10 of them are on communication, so it would be 15 free pstn.
Is it possible ?

Thank you in advance for you help.