[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensip and asterisk

Oguzhan Kayhan oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
Wed Mar 25 13:51:25 CET 2009

Hello, I am testing asterisk for a while, but because i am planning to
have a large installation, i decided to install opensips as sip proxy.

Just I am all messed up..
I have some questions in my mind..

First of all,
There are 2 user databases ..one for asterisk and one for opensips as i see.
Where should i create users???
In asterisk??
And, on the web i find only example configs about openser and there are
some slight differences in configurations with opensips..
So, Any running config example for opensips or a how-to document will be
so helpful for me..

I am planning to install 3 opensip servers in a roundrobin order to serve
the users.. And a central asterisk server between my real pbx and
opensips.(Maybe with an offline asterisk backup) .
So Really any any info will be great..because i am total stranger to
opensips right now..

Thanks a lot.