[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPs on CentOS

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Mar 20 19:35:28 CET 2009

Hi Darren,

This was started on a separate thread, but the sake of completion, see
the online comments.

Darrin Henshaw wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First time poster here. I’m running a few Asterisk 1.2 systems across
> geographically different areas. At our main site we are running an
> Asterisk cluster, using Heartbeat, it works well, but I’m always
> looking at improving it. To that extent I want to test out OpenSIPS as
> a load balancing option in my test environment.
>
> My manager, who I have to follow guidelines set by him, is a large fan
> of RPM installations rather than source. Due to that I’m trying to
> build an RPM of OpenSIPS to be used on EL4. He also like using yum
> when it comes to updating and installing since it will handle
> dependencies fairly well.

Marc just provided a RPM repo for OpenSIPS - http://centos.leurent.eu/
and read the README.txt

> Now onto my actual reason for emailing. In attempting to build the RPM
> I can get most of the dependencies installed, with the exception of
> libxml2. That’s the kicker. I can get the rpm for it from
> ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/, but there are a fair amount of
> dependencies for it, and I don’t have the correct repositories for it.
> My questions are as follows:
>
> 1. Does anyone know a fairly easy way I can nab the dependencies for
> libxml2? RPM’s or yum repos would be best.

check the rpmfind.net site

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libxml2&submit=Search+...

> 2. What would be the downside of simply ignoring the dependency for
> libxml2, and CPL? The actual spec file supplied states:
>
> %%package cpl

> Group: System Environment/Daemons
>
> Requires: opensips = %ver
>
> BuildPrereq: libxml2-dev

if you do not need CPL (Call Processing Language interpretor) and
presence stuff, you can ignore the libxml2 dependency.