[OpenSIPS-Users] CDRTool: having Opensips insert the rate

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Mon Mar 9 15:55:13 CET 2009

Hello,

We use CDRTool, but we do not use the rating portion (there's a 3rd party
company we have to use).  We'd like to use the Rate field and some of
CDRTool's functionality in this regard to help us understand our carrier
costs better.  We'd have to have Opensips set the Rate at call-time because
two calls from and to the same numbers can have a different cost depending
on which carrier finally accepted the call.

How many things am I going to break by adapting opensips.cfg, the stored
procedures and other necessary pieces to save the rate at call time?  Will
CDRTool overwrite the rate with a null value because I don't have any rating
information in CDRTool itself?

As we've not used the rating functionality in CDRTool, I don't fully
understand the implications of what I'm asking.  I'm fully prepared to
accept this makes no since at all.

Thanks,
Jeff