[OpenSIPS-Users] Restricting CallerID

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Mar 9 06:48:07 CET 2009

Andrew Yager wrote:
> On 09/03/2009, at 4:39 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>
>> I suggest setting an "rpid" credential for these users in the
>> subscriber table.  This can be applied when the outbound call from the
>> user is proxy-challenged.
>
> Thanks. The reason why I don't like this solution is that (I think) it
> will restrict them to a single outbound callerid, where we would like
> them to be able to set any in their range.
>
> Am I wrong in my assumption?

No, you are correct.  If that's the case, you're just going to have to
put in some logic to evaluate whether the caller ID they have chosen
(the RPID, or the From URI user part depending on how they're sending it
to you) falls within one of their ranges.

In order to avoid making a mess of the OpenSIPS script, I suggest a
database stored procedure. :-)

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems