[OpenSIPS-Users] Restrict Simultaneous-Use

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Mar 5 16:43:52 CET 2009

Hi Inaki,

This is an old, hot topic.

There are many services that are more appropriate via a B2BUA  (like
acc, dialog stuff, security, etc) - last time the discussion started
from the question if a proxy is the best place to do accounting.

In all the case is about compromising - how much you are willing to
lose. You may loose time/resources to build and implement a platform
were there is no way for bad thinks to happen (you deal with all corner
cases) - and you end up with a huge platform, very complex, difficult to
maintain, expensive to run, etc .

Or you can loose some corner cases and build a simpler and more
efficient platform.

The whole idea is if it pays to spend 1 million $ to save one $ :)..