[OpenSIPS-Users] memcache question

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Thu Mar 5 16:41:19 CET 2009

For the memcache stuff in 1.5, is there a way to force the deletion of
cached objects? Maybe by fifo. So take the example where credentials are
cached. What if I change the user's password. Do I have to wait for it to
expire, or is there a way I can force the cached item to be deleted so a new
one will be loaded. I didn't see any fifos cmds in the local_cache module.
It'd also be nice if a fifo cmd can retrieve and store cached objects as
well.. ie: when I change my user's password, I also push to cache (yes, I
know, this would be done on first lookup anyway, maybe a bad example).

I think deletion of objects is pretty important. I can't wait to begin using
this.. It fits into so many places for me.. For what it's worth, I'm
considering using it for LCR and call count limiting. Call count limiting
based on dialog profiling. source IPs are grouped into accounts and accounts
have calling limits.

That's my implementation, would like to hear of others out there!
-Brett