[OpenSIPS-Users] loose routing question

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Wed Mar 4 01:41:32 CET 2009

Question...
In general the receipient of an INVITE should respond to that invite to the
address in the contact header, right?

What if there is a record-route header? That should prevail, right?

I'm having a problem that with a single provider, some (not all) calls they
don't send the BYE from the FAR side of the call back via me, instead it
goes direct to the originator.

Example:

My customer places a call to me. I send to my provider. Provider sends it to
destination.

Destination hangs up, BYE goes to my customer instead of me.. My INVITE to
my provider DOES have a record-route header init.

Originally, this problem began because my customer would reinvite the call
right after the call was established and the re-invite, because it was
in-dialog wouldn't get record routed.

So I moved my record-route block to before my loose route block.  Now,
sometimes I get byes.. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.. any ideas?
-Brett