[OpenSIPS-Users] Launch of SIP MSRP chatserver

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Sun Mar 1 14:05:13 CET 2009

Hello,

There is new SIP server software available for multi-party IM chat.
SIP chatserver is an open source conference bridge that supports MSRP
chat sessions. It can be used for ad-hoc conferencing by SIP end-
points. The software is provided under the GPL LICENSE.

Features
The server implements relevant features from the following standards:

	• MSRP protocol RFC4975
	• MSRP ad-hoc multi-party chat sessions draft-ietf-simple-chat-03
	• Common Presence and Instant Messaging (CPIM): Message Format RFC3862
	• Framework for Conferencing with the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) RFC4353
	• Framework for Centralized Conferencing draft-ietf-xcon-framework-11
	• Conference event package RFC4575

Support
The project is developed and supported by AG Projects. The support is
provided on a best-effort basis. "best-effort" means that we try to
solve the bugs you report or help fix your problems as soon as we can,
subject to available resources. To request support you must use the
mailing list available at http://lists.ag-projects.com/mailman/listinfo/sipchatserver
. Patches and bug reports must be submitted by opening a ticket at http://chatserver.ag-projects.com/newticket

Installation instructions are available at:

http://chatserver.ag-projects.com/wiki/Installation

Credits

The development of SIP chatserver has been sponsored by NLNet
foundation http://nlnet.nl

Kind regards,

Adrian Georgescu