[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS-mediaproxy, Asterisk (packet2packet bridge) - problem with RTP

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Tue Jun 30 18:42:10 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 29 Jun 2009, at 08:14, Dimitrios Giannakopoulos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have implemented the following scenario:
>
> [incoming pstn]--->[opensips]-->[asterisk] --->[sip phone]
> [outgoing pstn]<---[opensips]<------|
>
> Opensips acts as SBC with mediaproxy functionality. Moreover, I use
> the LCR module to route calls.
> The Asterisk is located at the public domain and we have activated the
> packet2packet bridge. A soft phone is registered to asterisk and we
> have created a ring group that sends an incoming call to soft phone
> and external line (outbound pstn) that rings simultaneous both
> devices. Opesips version 1.4.5 or 1.5 Asterisk version 1.6
>
> Single calls without ring gourp:
>
> Incoming calls from PSTN to asterisk through Opensips with mediaproxy
> enabled. It works properly.
> Outgoing calls from Asterisk to PSTN through Opensips with mediaproxy
> enabled. It works properly.
>

> Calls with ring group enabled:
> Incoming call from PSTN to asterisk through opensips with mediaproxy
> enabled. The incoming call activate the asterisk's  ring group and
> sends the call to sip phone and external line – outgoing pstn call.
> Both devices ring simultaneous. When hang-up:
>
> A) soft phone, the signaling and media work properly.
> B) External line, the signaling works properly but the media is not
> open. The system (opensips/mediaproxy) generates two media
> sessions(incoming and outgoing) but the ip of asterisk at both
> sessions has value Unknown. The mediaproxy/opensips tries to connect
> the two legs through asterisk. But this does not work because the
> asterisk acts as packet2packet bridge.
>

> Please, can you provide any help/sugestion about this problem?

Firstly I would strongly suggest that you only send your question
once, sending it more than once will not get it answered sooner.

Secondly, I do not know what a Asterisk packet2packet bridge or a ring
group is and have no intention of finding out.

Thirdly, I would suggest that you include logs from the relay from the
last two scenarios you described.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects