[OpenSIPS-Users] mysql database connection error

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Tue Jun 30 16:49:10 CEST 2009

Hey all,sorry for such a noob question here, but I just can't figure out
what I'm doing wrong.. I'm getting the error:
Jun 30 15:36:33 nguenj297 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[10159]:
ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_new_connection: driver error(1045): Access denied
for user 'opensips'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

So of course, I checked the usernames and passwords.. I tried logging in
manually with:
mysql -u opensips -h localhost -p opensips
(with the same password of course)

And it works fine.. so I'm not sure where the hangup is.. Where should I
debug this?

Thanks,
Brett