[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy ver 2.3.4 - Conntrack meets Music on Hold

Stuart Marsden stuart at myphones.com
Tue Jun 30 14:41:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am testing a mediaproxy sever using 2.3.4

The tests I have done so far have worked, however there is one scenario
where once the call has been setup a phone can generate Music on Hold

It does this by making a 2nd call (unrelated to the first at the SIP
level) and passes what it thinks is  the IP:port of the 1st call far end
(actually the mediaproxy) to the MoH server.

the MoH sever then sends audio to the mediaproxy.

However since the source of the audio is not the phone, conntrack is not
forwarding on the audio to the other end.

Options as far as I can see are

1) remove the restriction on the source IP on who is allowed to forward
rtp - from what I have ready this probably wont work
2) detect this special case and construct a temporary additional  "1
way"  conntrack just for the MoH
3) detect this special case and change existing conntrack to point to
the MoH sever, putting it back later

changes would be detected at the SIP level, or more likely conntrack
call backs

any suggestions / help appreciated.

Stuart