[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS/mediaproxy, Asterisk (packet2packet bridge) - problem with RTP

Dimitrios Giannakopoulos d.giannakop at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 08:08:45 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have implemented the following scenario:

[incoming pstn]--->[opensips]-->[asterisk] --->[sip phone]

[outgoing pstn]<---[opensips]<------|

Opensips acts as SBC with mediaproxy functionality. Moreover, I use the LCR
module to route calls.
The Asterisk is located at the public domain and we have activated the
packet2packet bridge. A soft phone is registered to asterisk and we have
created a ring group that sends an incoming call to soft phone and external
line (outbound pstn) that rings simultaneous both devices. Opesips version
1.4.5 or 1.5 Asterisk version 1.6

Single calls without ring gourp:

Incoming calls from PSTN to asterisk through Opensips with mediaproxy
enabled. It works properly.
Outgoing calls from Asterisk to PSTN through Opensips with mediaproxy
enabled. It works properly.

Calls with ring group enabled:
Incoming call from PSTN to asterisk through opensips with mediaproxy
enabled. The incoming call activate the asterisk's  ring group and sends the
call to sip phone and external line – outgoing pstn call. Both devices ring
simultaneous. When hang-up:

A) soft phone, the signaling and media work properly.
B) External line, the signaling works properly but the media is not open.
The system (opensips/mediaproxy) generates two media sessions(incoming and
outgoing) but the ip of asterisk at both sessions has value Unknown. The
mediaproxy/opensips tries to connect the two legs through asterisk. But this
does not work because the asterisk acts as packet2packet bridge.

Please, can you provide any help/sugestion about this problem?

Best Regards,

Dimitris