[OpenSIPS-Users] Mysql stored proc

Saúl Ibarra saghul at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 08:16:10 CEST 2009

As you said, and according to MySQL doc, temporary tables are just
'alive' during a connection.

"""You can use the TEMPORARY keyword when creating a table. A
TEMPORARY table is visible only to the current connection, and is
dropped automatically when the connection is closed. This means that
two different connections can use the same temporary table name
without conflicting with each other or with an existing non-TEMPORARY
table of the same name. (The existing table is hidden until the
temporary table is dropped.) To create temporary tables, you must have
the CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES  privilege. """

I don't really know how OpenSIPS handles MySQL connections, but that
approach may fail if connection is lost, etc. As a suggestion
(somebody correct me if I'm wrong) you could use memory caching
options (http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutMemcache).

You could store info in memcache the first time and in the next
dialogs fetch it, change it or just generate another query if the info
it's no already in memcache...

my 2 cents.

--
Saúl -- "Nunca subestimes el ancho de banda de un camión lleno de disketes."