[OpenSIPS-Users] Off route server CDR recording

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Tue Jun 2 12:01:03 CEST 2009

On Martes, 2 de Junio de 2009 10:08:33 Iñaki Baz Castillo escribió:
> El día 2 de junio de 2009 8:30, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
>
> <rabs at dimension-virtual.com> escribió:
> >> Not exactly. You choose when and where to do the accounting. In fact,
> >> logging failed calls (busy, cancelled since no answer, some 5XX
> >> error...) is more than useful.
> >
> > Yes, but that cases (BUSY, CANCEL, 5XX ó 6XX) are all "replies" ;-)
>
> Of course, as 2XX is  :)
>
> PD: I assume that I understood wrongly something in this thread. You
> said "on an INVITE, the acc record is saved
>
> > when the 200 OK comes back from the UAS", that's why I told also about
> > negative replies and accounting.

The original poster want to do accounting based only on SIP signaling, just
doing some kind of t_replicate only of the INVITE and BYE request from the
main proxy to an "external" one.
That's imposible to do, not only because it will be a very poorly accurate
accounting but also because the ACC module does not "account" based on the
initial INVITE message but on the reply (positive or negative) or on the
timeout (so no reply).

I mean ...

UAC          <->         Proxy         <->     UAC2
INVITE         >
                        setflag(ACC)
                                                  <     200 OK
                        write(db,acc_record)