[OpenSIPS-Users] Upgrade version problems in a production system (mediaproxy)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Jul 27 11:11:11 CEST 2009

2009/7/27 Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com>:
> Inaki,
>
> If this discusion took place two years ago you would have said the opposite
> simply because the 'stable' distribution was so obsolete. Now the stable is
> pretty much in sync (still) with unstable hence it seems a good idea to use
> stable at this very moment. If we look again over 12 and 24 months, maybe
> then we have a better measurement.

Why doesn't your software follow the clasic Debian policy? A software
version 1.0 is chosen and frozen for the current Debian stable
version. The software development remains in testing/unstable
branches. When a new Debian stable version arrives, software version
1.1 is frozen for it. Also, backports exist to provide modern features
in the stable version.

I cannot imagine why the above policy is not suitable for AG products,
being them based basically on Python (so no really complex
dependencies on C/C++ libraries).

However, it's just my opinion :)

Regards.

--