[OpenSIPS-Users] Upgrade version problems in a production system (mediaproxy)

Carlo Dimaggio jaasmailing at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 15:45:32 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm wondering about the right distribution and version for a
production environment: i ask you this because of some problems in
upgrading my systems.
I'm using two Ubuntu 8.04 Server LTS with opensips 1.5.2, callcontrol
2.0.4, mediaproxy 2.3.4, cdrtool 6.8.1. I didn't have any error in
upgrading opensips and the other softwares until now, but today I have
tried to upgrade mediaproxy to 2.3.5 and I'm experienced with the old
version of different packages (python-application, python-support,
python-gnutls, libgnutls,...) and I am unable to install this new
versions (for dependencies).

My question is: how can mantain an updated production server? I have
seen that an updated python-application is always needed for new
versions of mediaproxy...
How do you handle this process (without using an unstable/testing
distribution)?

Thank you and regards,
Carlo Dimaggio