[OpenSIPS-Users] Can't start in debug mode on Debian 5

Colin Franco colinf at utande.co.zw
Sun Jul 12 14:59:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a basic OpenSIPS installation up and running on Debian 5 and
would now like to start it in debug mode.

This is catered for by three lines to be uncommented in opensips.cfg.
However, whenever I try this opensips begins starting displaying "INFO:
Starting OpenSIPS" but it never reports that it has started or outputs
any errors.  With some trial and error I have found that it is the line
disabling forking that causes it to not start.

When I break out of the process an error is reported "ERROR: PID file
/var/run/opensips.pid does not exist -- OpenSIPS start failed"

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Colin