[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenXCAP] Problem with EyeBeam: ""Document selector does not contain context"

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Jul 8 00:42:01 CEST 2009

Hi, OpenXCAP root is:

  root = http://xcap.mydomain.net/xcap-root

I've configured EyeBem (1.5.19) with a SIP account "sip:eyebeam at mydomain.net"
to use this URL for XCAP:

  http://xcap.mydomain.net:443/xcap-root@mydomain.net/

I've chosen it by following the Configuration section in:
  http://openxcap.org/wiki/Installation

I do know that this is a good workaround to avoid the need of a SSL
certificate for each domain in a multidomain SIP server.

However, the requests sent by Eyebem look like:

  GET /xcap-root at mydomain.net/eyebeam.mydomain.net.pres-rules HTTP/1.1
  GET /xcap-root at oversip.net/eyebeam.mydomain.net.resource-list.xml HTTP/1.1

so the server replies a 404 with body:

 Document selector does not contain context: 'eyebeam.mydomain.net.pres-rules'

By readin XCAP related RFC's, I understand that the URL sent by EyeBeam is
wrong since it should be something as:

  GET /xcap-root at mydomain.net/users/eyebeam/pres-rules HTTP/1.1
or
  GET /xcap-root at mydomain.net/users/eyebeam at mydomain.net/pres-rules HTTP/1.1

Am I wrong? is this implementation of XCAP wrong in this version of EyeBeam?

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>