[OpenSIPS-Users] parallel forking vs. serial

Mauro Davì mauro.davi at acotel.com
Fri Jul 3 18:23:49 CEST 2009

Hi Uwe,

I have a question for you. The two UAs must have the same registration
username?

Because I implement an hunt group feature with opensips i.e:

there is a hunt group name, when the hunt group name is called all the
contacts associated to the hunt group name are contacted via serial or
parallel forking, for example:

bob at domain call the hunt group name serial at domain

to the serial at domain hunt group name are associated two username
user1 at domain with q_value 0.100 and use2 at domain with q_value 0.200 (this
information are stored in a new DB table).

So opensips order the contact for q_value and contact user1 at domain (if
the are more than one client connected with user1 at domain all the
contacts are contacted via parallel fork)

if user1 delay the call pickup, user2 is contacted (if the are more than
one client connected with user2 at domain all the contacts are contacted
via parallel fork).

Could be this a solution to your problem?

Regards
    MD

P.S. To do that I modified the lookup function in the registrar module.