[OpenSIPS-Users] Help needed to change database RW user/password

Joan aseques at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 09:59:23 CEST 2009

2009/7/3 ram <talk2ram at gmail.com>:

>> > I have got my SIP proxy up and running, but I am able to work only with
>> > the username 'opensips' and the password 'opensipsrw'. When I change the
>> > username and password in opensipsctlrc file I get an error message
>> > saying access denied. I am not asure about which variables to comment
>> > out and which variables to leave as such. Any help in this regard would
>> > be appreciated.

Assuming you already tried with the
$ mysql -u opensipsrw -p
An works with your new password, it might be also a problem with the scripts:
I've been trying to use osipsconsole for some time, and have found
that many times it ignores your osipsconsolerc settings due to path
problems, probably is the same with the rest of the tools.
To use osipsconsole in a selfmade .deb, you have to change
/usr/sbin/osipsconsole variables into:
my $PATH_CTLRC = "/etc/opensips/";
my $PATH_ETC = "/etc";
my $PATH_LIBS = "/usr/lib";
my $PATH_SHARE = "/usr/share";

I'd look for that in the opensips tools too