[OpenSIPS-Users] Need suggestion for opensips HA

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Jan 16 11:47:45 CET 2009

Hi Mark,

with SRV you move most of the logic on the client side, becoming
dependent of it - like if it supports SRV, how often a SRV lookup is
done, etc. Also, using SRV implies your opensips boxes have different
IPs - this might be a problem because of the RR during a call. If a call
is established through the opensips1 with IP1, the dialog will contain
the RR with IP1; after a switch to the opensips2 during the call, the
second proxy will not by default recognize the IP of the other server.

with LVS you are fully self sustained - you do not have any dependency
of the used device , but such a setup is more complex (as all the HA is
on your side, as provider). So, this is more complex from setup and
managing point of view, but it is doable.

Personally I'm in favour of LVS or similar solution as I do not like to
have my platform depending of the uac capabilities.