[OpenSIPS-Users] Default policy for presence authorization

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Mon Jan 5 13:08:47 CET 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2008/12/23 Kenneth Löfstrand <kenneth at ip-solutions.se>:
>
>> Hi
>> I have opensips with the presence module and openxcap installed and it
>> starts working pretty good. One thing I wonder though is regarding the
>> default policy for presence authorization, i.e what happens if alice
>> sends a subscribe request for bob's presence and bob hasn't declared a
>> presence authorization rule for alice? I expected the state to be
>> pending but it is actually approved and bob's presence information is
>> sent in a notify to alice.
>>

> You must set "force_active = no" in some presence module.

Hi,

You must not set the force_active parameter - remove the line
modparam("presence_xml", "force_active", 1) from your configuration
file. Default value for it is 0 - meaning that the authorization state
is computed according to the rules in xcap documents and that in case no
rule is defined, the subscription will be in pending state.

regards,
Anca