[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSip SIP, SIP-I e SIP-T

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Thu Feb 19 22:35:56 CET 2009

Hm,

It is very hard to judge the benefits of performing all the nice to
have feature at a higher level protocol while still having to support
legacy expensive infrastructure underneath.

Now, last time I heard about SIP-T was by an ECMA standard a few years
ago. ECMA is a sort of inverse pyramid European standards body that
nobody listens to. Basically, they are sponsored by vendors to endorse
'standards' because they posses an EU stamp. The word here in Europe
goes that if something went to the extent of geting an ECMA official
endorsement, one knows that it is a standard with no future and no
company invests in it anymore.

Maybe I am wrong and this has much more sense in the US.

Adrian