[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Feb 17 02:50:12 CET 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009, Gabriel Bermudez wrote:
> > In the documentation is stated that you need Python 2.4.
> >
> > Where do you see that it needs at least Python 2.5?
> >
> > Adrian
>
> When I tried to install mediaproxy on Ubuntu 8.04LTS using the
> ag-project's debian repositories it did complain about python2.5, thats
> why I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10

We do not provide ubuntu packages.

> Here is a little more info about the package
>
> root at ripley:~# aptitude show mediaproxy-common
> Package: mediaproxy-common
> New: yes
> State: installed
> Automatically installed: yes
> Version: 2.3.2
> Section: net
> Maintainer: Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com>
> Uncompressed Size: 373k
> Depends: python (< 2.6), python (>= 2.5), python-support (>= 0.7.1),
> libc6 (>= 2.4), libnetfilter-conntrack1 (>= 0.0.89),
>          python-application (>= 1.0.9), python-cjson, python-gnutls,
> python-twisted-core (>= 2.5.0), python-twisted-names,
>          python-zopeinterface
> Recommends: python-pyrad (>= 1.1), python-sqlobject
>
> At least the package does needs python >=2.5

The package we provide is build and distributed for debian lenny and sid.
You cannot use use it with whatever debian based distribution you want,
nor can you use it with an older version of debian. You can only use it
with lenny and sid as well as an ubuntu version that is equivalent with
one of the two (i.e. has the same package set for the dependencies as
debian lenny or sid).

--
Dan