[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy 2.3: reinvites' SDP not modified

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri Feb 13 13:56:47 CET 2009

The Patton device seems to be faulty. In its answer it strips all params
from the Record-Route header except from lr=on. Similarly it strips all
params from the Record-Route headers except lr=on when converting the
Record-Route headers to Route headers on subsequent re-INVITEs. Among
these params is the did (dialog-id) which is used to identify the dialog
the message belongs to. My guess is that those re-INVITEs are not matched
against their dialogs anymore so no mediaproxy callbacks are called for
them to modify their SDP.

You can try to use use_media_proxy() and end_media_session() instead of
engage_media_proxy() to manually call on mediaproxy to handle the SDP for
every INVITE/reply during the dialog. The dialog based method of using
engage_media_proxy can only work if the devices work properly and do not
prevent the dialog module from recognizing an in-dialog message because
its identification elements were altered.

--
Dan