[OpenSIPS-Users] [SIPForum-discussion] problem in registration request

Amit Bansal amitbansal3 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 06:37:23 CET 2009

Hi All,
I am trying to build a SIP application which will act as proxy to the phones
those are connected to it like a server that is in call centers.

I have have made a servlet code is as follows..

package com.sip.servlet;

import javax.servlet.sip.SipServlet;
import javax.servlet.sip.SipServletRequest;
import javax.servlet.sip.SipServletResponse;

public class SimpleProxyServlet extends SipServlet
{

    protected void doRegister(SipServletRequest request) throws IOException
    {
        try
        {
            System.out.println("SipServletRequest: Got doRegister:\n" +
request);

            SipServletResponse resp =
request.createResponse(SipServletResponse.SC_OK);

            resp.send();
        }
        catch(Exception e)
        {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

    }
}

and sip.xml is as follows..

<sip-app>
    <display-name>Simple Proxy Servlet</display-name>
    <description>Simple Proxy Servlet</description>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>SimpleProxyServlet</servlet-name>
        <display-name>SimpleProxyServlet</display-name>
        <description>Simple SIP proxy servlet</description>
        <servlet-class>com.sip.servlet.SimpleProxyServlet</servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>SimpleProxyServlet</servlet-name>
        <pattern>
            <or>
                <equal>
                    <var>request.method</var>
                    <value>REGISTER</value>
                </equal>
            </or>
        </pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</sip-app>

I am using X-Lite softphone for testing this code. When ever first request
came to server, my doRegister of the servlet is called and request is
preocessed by the servlet. But when i am sending second register request
using other PC then it shows the request timeout on the softphone and also
my doREgister method is also not called.

I have also checked that if it is problem due to sending the request from
other PC but if i send first request from other PC then servlet process the
request and again second request is not processed.

Plz help me to solve this problem.

Thanks.
amit