[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy 2.3: reinvites' SDP not modified

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Wed Feb 11 12:00:12 CET 2009

Hi Carlo,

On 10 Feb 2009, at 18:47, Carlo Dimaggio wrote:

> Il giorno 09/feb/09, alle ore 20:39, Ruud Klaver ha scritto:
>
>> Hi Carlo,
>>
>> Thanks for the extensive log information. For some reason your
>> OpenSIPS does not send the re-INVITE and the resulting 200 OK to
>> the dispatcher. You can see above that the dispatcher only sends
>> two "update" commands to the relay, one for the initial INVITE and
>> the 200 OK. I'm suspecting that your OpenSIPS config is at fault.
>> Does the OpenSIPS log provide you with a clue as to why it does not
>> send the contents of the re-INVITE to the dispatcher?
>
> Hi Ruud!
>
> I don't think there is a problem in my Opensips configuration
> because with another ATA (Grandstream HT503) all works fine. I
> suppose there is a problem with this patton 4022 (perhaps they have
> different implementations of t.38). I've seen that the patton and
> the grandstream have different t38 headers... Does mediaproxy check
> the headers to understand if there is a t38 session?
> For better investigation, I attach here the logs with HT503 and the
> same opensips.cfg.
>

> Best Regards,
> Carlo Dimaggio

The problem definitely lies with OpenSIPS in your first example, the
one that didn't work, since the media-dispatcher does not receive
anything from the mediaproxy module in OpenSIPs when the re-INVITE is
received. Could you please provide the relevant parts of your OpenSIPS
config and its logging for both of these cases?

 From the logs I gave you I cannot tell that much, except that in the
first case your proxy seems to anonymize the SIP URI of the caller,
but this shouldn't matter.

The mediaproxy module should just look for the m=image line, which is
the same in both traces. Other than that it does no processing of the
T38 stuff, it should be agnostic to it.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects