[OpenSIPS-Users] Having '@' in the username

Vasil Kolev vasil.kolev at attractel.com
Tue Feb 10 15:13:11 CET 2009

В 15:01 +0100 на 10.02.2009 (вт), Iñaki Baz Castillo написа:
> 2009/2/10 Vasil Kolev <vasil.kolev at attractel.com>:
> > So, the question goes like this - should I even bother with this, or
> > should I just have the client part escape '@' and be done with it?
>
> SIP BNF grammar doesn't allow @ into the SIP URI username part. If you
> need it you should escape it in hexadecimal.

Yes, this gets escaped. But it's not escaped automatically for the
digest username, which in turn led me to patch parse_username() and do
the URI hack.

If I use user%40domain instead of user at domain, then in the SIP URI it
will get escaped once more and will probably still lead to the same kind
of problems.

> BTW OpenXCAP already has a workaround for multidomain, it's explained
> in the documentation (not 100% sure anyway since I've never configured
> it).

That I'll discuss with them, as they split on the first '@' (as I
understand the python code), which won't really work.

Vasil Kolev
Attractel NV
dCAP #1324, LPIC2