[OpenSIPS-Users] Authentication problem

Daniel Goepp dan at goepp.net
Thu Dec 24 02:32:18 CET 2009

I am having another issue with this latest version also, and I believe it
could perhaps be related to my last post.  Very straight forward here, I
have just two users on this new lab system.

The problem:

First register comes in, challenged with 401 no problem, then a register
with auth header, which is responded to with:

SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden auth ID.

I did an SQL trace, and the query is select password from subscriber where
username='2001':

When I execute manually, no problem:

mysql> select password from subscriber where username='2001';
| password |
| 2001     |

Did something change recently regarding how users are auth'd?  This is a
very very basic setup, pretty much out of the box.  And ideas about what
boneheaded thing I have done here?

Thanks

-dg