[OpenSIPS-Users] B2BUA module question

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Tue Aug 25 16:43:13 CEST 2009

All,Question about the direction of the B2BUA module. I know one of the key
feature is topology hiding. Does this also occur in the SDP? I would expect
that it would need to still be paired with something like mediaproxy or
rtpproxy to achieve topology hiding with SDP as well, is this correct? Do
you expect the B2BUA module will ever integrate into any of the media
proxying solutions?

Also, what's the possibility of doing things like changing headers, removing
headers and such. For example, internally, I may have an "X-Account-Number:"
field that is used between servers and I never want an request from the
outside to ever come in with one of those and likewise I don't ever want a
request to go out with one of those. I know a lot of that can be done in the
script already, but I'm wondering if the B2BUA portions have any special
handling for that kind of thing (ie: remove all non-standard headers).
 Also, there are a lot of non-rfc-ish things that I have to do on a regular
basis that a B2BUA always performs better. For example, I have partners that
insist on specific formatting of the From or To headers (like adding or
removing prefixes to from/to headers.. yes.. I know..).

Thanks!
-Brett